22 May 2013

[REVIEW] Kiehl's - Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque


Hi!♥

It has been sucha long time since I last written
Gosh... I've been really busy :(

But ta-daaa!

I'm back today with a review of a product I've recently bought
It's a facemask from Kiehl's

KIEHL's RARE EARTH DEEP PORE CLEANSING MASQUE
(I've always been a Kiehl's fan as their products are gentle for my sensitive skin
and as soon as I saw the extremely big ad for this product 
I'm just so, so itchy to buy it LOL)

The retail price for a tub should be around Singapore $40 (315k rupiah),
it's pretty worth it as one tub could last for a year
or even more, depending on how often you use it.

So after a short consultation, pretty much I get the idea of how to use it, what the mask does to your skin, and what the main ingredients are used in the mask.

This mask is made out of Amazonian White Clay,
oatmeal, aloe vera and other ingredients sourced from the Marajo Island at the mouth of the Amazon River!
(placebo effect much? :p)

what it's supposed to do is to 
INTENSIVELY PURIFIES TO MINIMIZE PORES

Seems pretty tempting to try on huh? ;)
Especially for me, my oily skin and how unattractive my pores are
as I have all these little scars due to my 
severe acne during my early teenage years
boohooo..

It could be used for normal to oily skin, 
I don't recommend this to people with 
dry skin as it's supposed to get rid of excess sebum..

What impresses me is how there is no weird/strong smell of whatsoever 
as other clay masks that I've tried always smell so earthy :(

This light grey mask has a smooth texture 
It feels very light and watery.

The dermatologist in Kiehl's advised me to put a 
pretty thick layer for it to work better on the skin,

and it will turn hard in a few minutes
(That's what she said...LOL)
so you only need to leave it for around 5 minutes then rinse
it off with lukewarm water

SOOOOO I GAVE IT A TRY,
AAAAAAND I LOVE IT A LOT!

I applied the mask using a foundation brush, 
I feel that it's more hygienic than using your hands,
or is it just me? nvm haha!
BONJOUR! LOL..
Some things I realized was that the mask gave a slight tingling feeling as soon as I put it on,
I felt rather skeptical at first as I thought the ingredients
were too harsh for my sensitive skin thus the burning feeling,

BUT the burning feeling faded eventually,
replaced by a rather cool and relaxing feeling :)
so pretty much it's good, 
and YES, NO SMELL!

I rinse it using a facial sponge and cold water,
the mask did not overdry my skin and thank goodness,
it didn't leave any itchiness so it's safe for me!
It also made my skin glow (like what most masks do)

I realized that after rinsing my skin, 
the pores are slighty smaller (less inflamed) and I could see
some whiteheads and blackheads popping out of my pores,
It was so easy to press them out to clean it,
so that's indeed one plus point for this mask! :)

I'll give this mask a rating of 8.5 out of 10!
Do let me know what you think if you tried this on too! :D

All products above are purchased by me, thus they weren't sponsored nor for free. These are all my honest personal opinions regarding the product.
On the event that I do receive a free sample, product, or discount I would state it in the individual blog post. :)

Stay sexaye, alright!♥

Huggies & Kissies,
Raa

4 comments:

Fenny Yolanda said...

I never tried the masker ohhh I should have a try on the next purchase ^-^ looks great

Xoxo,
www.ladies-homejournal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Raa,

Your Instagram lead me here. Anyway, I've an unusual proposal for you and I will be down in Singapore for a day tomorrow (6th July). Please let me know a way to get in touch with you. Below are various ways of contacting me.

Warm Regards,
Derek Sim
+6016 655 7367
Instagram: dereksim16
Facebook: /dereksim

Anonymous said...

That's what she said..LOL..XD You're too funny! :)

Lindsey Elizabeth Pritchard said...

I can't get enough of face masks, especially tingly ones. I hope you have a lovely New Year.

Lindsey. x
www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com